Blog and News
The Different Applications of Epoxy Coating
Epoxy based floor systems are a durable type of top coat that can be installed for a variety of industries. Concrete floors that have an epoxy solution appear pristine and are easier to maintain. They are popular with property owners that have industrial complexes and commercial facilities because of their strength and resistance. The epoxy concrete coating offers many benefits and can be applied to nearly every kind of industrial surface. Here are some of the different applications of epoxy coating.
Industry Applications of Epoxy Coating
Epoxy coats are popular for many industries because they provide a quick drying, tough, and protective coat for metals, concrete, and commercial flooring. They are used on concrete floors for a variety of industries such as manufacturing plants, hospitals, airplane hangers, warehouses, and more. These are some of the industrial applications of an epoxy coat system.
- White Goods – Epoxy coating can be used as powder coating on appliances such as washers, dryers, and refrigerators because of its durability and ease of application.
- Automotive and Marine – Epoxy coating can act as a primer for corrosion prevention and ensure paint adheres to automobiles and boats.
- Steel Corrosion Resistance – Powder epoxy coatings are used for protection against corrosion in steel pipes and fittings that used in the oil and gas industry, water transmission pipelines, and concrete reinforcing rebar.
- Metal Can and Containers – To prevent rust for metal cans and containers, they are often treated with an epoxy coat to prevent corrosion.
- Flooring – Epoxy coats are used in industrial and commercial facilities to protect concrete flooring from abrasion and liquid spills.
Why Apply Epoxy Coating for Industrial Flooring?
When used for commercial and industrial flooring, the epoxy coating provides a durable, long-lasting flooring solution. Epoxy coats are used over concrete floors to help protect the concrete substrate from moisture, physical damage, and scratches. A variety of industries use epoxy floorings such as retail stores, food, and beverage plants, hospitality, garages, and more. Epoxy coatings provide a high gloss finish that is available in an assortment of styles and finishes. Concrete floors treated with epoxy, are also easy to maintain as the epoxy solution creates a smooth surface.
The versatility of epoxy coating makes it appealing for various industries and applications. The long-lasting protection and durability of epoxy treatment make it ideal for commercial and industrial flooring. If property owners are considering treating their facility’s floor with epoxy coating, have Sealwell do the job. As the industrial floor experts, SealWell has the knowledge and experience to apply epoxy and polyurethane coats on nearly any concrete surface. For a free quote, contact SealWell today at 1-877-530-2633.