Blog and News
Urethane Floor Coats For Warehouse Facilities
An industrial facility, commercial space, or warehouse building needs a top coat to protect the concrete floor from stains, damage, and spills. It can be difficult to select which type of coating is needed for a warehouse facility because of the types of coating options available. With so many options out there today, it can be difficult to decide which is best for an industrial facility. Here are some of the considerations to take into account when choosing a floor coating system for an Atlanta warehouse facility.
Floor Coating Factors
When considering a floor coating system for your industrial facility, it’s important to understand that over time, concrete floors receive their fair amount of wear and tear. An untreated concrete floor can become a safety hazard for the employees walking on it, and damage like cracks can make it difficult for forklift operation. Here are some questions to review when looking at options for floor coating systems.
- Does my facility have a large amount of foot traffic?
- How often do I need to perform maintenance?
- What potential hazards are there if there is an accident?
- Are their customized styles options?
These factors can help property owners choose between the different coating options available such as urethane, epoxy, or a mortar system.
The Pros of A Urethane Top Coat
Urethane is a thermosetting polymer that is considered a high-performance coat. This style of urethane coat is popular in industrial and commercial facilities. Not only does urethane coating provide a seamless and smooth surface, but it also gives concrete flooring a nice polished sheen. Urethane coats also have the following advantages that are beneficial to any industrial or warehouse facility.
- Long-Lasting Application – Urethane coat treatment retain their color and gloss for years as they are resistant to wear and tear. They can also be customized in a variety of colors.
- High Resistance – Floor coats that are urethane based are abrasion resistant, meaning they resist scratches and ultraviolet light. This type of floor coat is ideal for areas with heavy foot traffic and machine operation.
- Easy Maintenance – Concrete floors that are treated with urethane are easier to maintain, meaning it will take less time to sweep and mop.
- Protection – Accidents happen and facilities that work with chemicals, or liquids benefit from applying a urethane floor coat as it’s resistant to oils, residue, and harsh chemicals.
Urethane is a versatile type of floor coat that is used for different types of industries such as hospitality, food and beverage, laboratories, and more. It’s a popular choice for commercial and warehouse facilities as it is highly resistant to abrasion. Concrete floors that are treated with urethane also help keep work areas safe because of its polished surface. Property owners that are looking for a reliable company to apply a floor treatment solution, look no further than Sealwell. As the industrial floor experts, Sealwell has the experience with treating many different types of concrete floors. Contact Sealwell for a free quote for on an Atlanta Warehouse facility at 1-877-231-4252 today.